Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Time for Change

All of this talk about CHANGE with politics has made me think about the changes that I need to make in my life. I've been mullying it over since McCain started ripping off Obama's speeches about change and when my friend Chaney launched her blog I thought I will be McCain and steal her thunder. Ok enough with the political puns...

I realized that I had to have a personal trainer. I have to have that person to answer to and who will make me show up at the gym. I went to the gym yesterday and I had a moment of being saved. Instead of being in a church I was in a gym saying "take my potato chips and set me up with a trainer that will make me into a workout Queen!" So I met with a personal trainer today and if you know me you know I give my trainers nicknames so I can scream and yell about pain without them knowing I am giving them a shout out for a job well done. Today I met "Gigi". I am not being politically correct in any way with this nickname. Gigi appears to be a lesbian and is about my mom's age so I thought Gay Granny and wanted to be politcally correct so I termed her Gigi. Now don't start writing me comments about gay rights because for 16 years I've been way supportive of my gay best friend John. I also cleared this with Tim, who is one of my non politically correct friend, and he said he wasn't offended so I consider myself good to go with Gigi!

Gigi basically laid out a plan for the next month that makes me want to freak out. I have to do weight training 3 times a week and cardio everyday....JOY!!!!! Tomorrow morning is my first day back at weight training so if I can't type a post tomorrow you know the machines were killing me and I am probably saving my strength to make a voodoo doll of Gigi so she can feel pain.

So I am stealing Chaney's idea and keeping a blog where I will share this transformation from a couch potato to a workout Queen. I will share my eating habits, how I feel or how much I hate Gigi at the time. I might also share new fun foods that I find as I clean out my stash of chips. I will share my success and my failures. I will be honest when I fall into a keg of Milla Lite. I am thinking this is going to be a mixture of Bridget Jones meets Roseanne.

Wish me luck, feel free to sign up to be a follower and share any great ideas you have to help this transformation happen.

2 comments:

brie said...

You crack me up but I am so proud of you! Oh and Queen Jan goes by Gigi - says it stands for Gorgeous Grandmother of course!

Anonymous said...

Oh Rara, I love you so much! I can't wait to read more! I'm so proud of you and also that you are honest with all of us and that you would fall into a KEG of Millah Lite before you fell into just a case or 30 pack! :)

Kick butt today and let me know how it goes! LOOOOOOVE YOU!