Thursday, September 3, 2009

Total Randomness

So it has been a while since I've blogged. My mind is all over the place today so who knows what is going to come out in this blog....so just bear with me. Work has been insanely busy but it is also my favorite time of the year so I can't complain too much at all. I love meeting new teachers and especially when they join. I get so hyper but then I crash the minute I come home so I've had to really be intentional with my workouts this month.

I gave into the world of crackberries so I went through and scheduled all of my workouts on the calendar. It seems to be working. I seriously am so much better in the mornings. Getting it done and over with just rocks. I did enjoy a few after work long walks and it was exactly what I needed to unwind from crazy work days.

I am a true believer now in cutting out the random drinking. I gave it up in August and I think it has truly made a difference. I love being a party girl but I can honestly tell you I love waking up on a Saturday morning and being able to function and get a great workout in and see results in a clean house, organized drawers...I am weird and realize that but I also have realized I need these things for my sanity. I've rested and been able to prepare for the week ahead of me. Some of my friends really gave me lip about it but oh well...that can be another blog.

Today's highlight was my assistant asking me how much I had lost. She pulled at my pants and said "Wow" I am really noticing a change in you. I told her it was the pilates that almost made me vomit on Wednesday at 6am. Seriously Shirley T. must've been in a bad mood because she worked us like red headed step children.

I am seriously thinking of how to take my fitness to the next level. I am training for the 39 mile walk but at the end of October I want to be ready with a new fitness adventure. One of my girls in Charlotte is starting a boot camp that is strictly resistance band on Tuesday so I am excited to hear about that. I am going to hunt around for the right thing for me but I am really feeling the urge to kick it up a notch. I did start a new circuit at the gym this week and did my first round yesterday. My arms were still shaking 2 hours later.

I am not sure if they were shaking because of the workout or the horrible news I received after the workout. A very close friend from back home lost her Mom to suicide. I can't imagine what that feels like and I never want to know. We've all had down moments but I would never do anything (I can't even blow my nose) to hurt my loved ones. I am just pissed off that she would do this to my friend. I was talking with one of my BFF's this morning about taking life for granted and I know I do. I get freaked out by work, house and normal day to day things that I lose focus. I think with the new school year I am going to try to live it up a little and experiment with not taking it for granted....who knows what that involves but as I discover it this school year I will let you know!

No comments: