Thursday, February 26, 2009

Torture

Beers:0
Cigarettes:0
Cravings:0






The only thing that I could possibly crave last night was Ben Gay and a fine young stud to rub it all over my body. Never in my life have I experienced torture as I did in aerobics last night and enjoyed it. I didn't want to go to aerobics last night for anything in this world but I knew Shirley T. was teaching and I so enjoy her classes so I hauled my big ass off of my new furniture and made it to the gym. WildOne was claiming to be sick but CakeShot made it to the gym for the class.

Shirley started but said she was new at teaching Zumba so she had Carrie there as backup. Well Shirley did once dance and I was already sweating and she turned it over to Carrie, who evidently had smoked some crack before class because the speed of dancing went from 3 to 12 in a matter of seconds.

For those of you who don't know what Zumba is here is what I found on the internet: Zumba® fuses hypnotic latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic fitness program that will blow you away. “We utilize the principles of fitness interval training and resistance training to maximize caloric output, fat burning, and total body toning. It’s a way of mixing body sculpting movements with easy-to-follow dance steps,” says creator Beto Perez. “It’s fun and addictive.”

Now I am not to sure about the easy to follow moves because I felt a hot mess during the whole class but I do agree when he says it is fun and addictive. There was one point in the class where I thought I had broken a rib or punctured a lung because I could feel a difference already in my midsection. I will be doing the meringue everyday in my house because it worked me out but a good workout.

The only thing that I need to complain about is that people once again didn't respect my space. There was a girl with dreadlocks that were shaped like Medusa's snakes that stood in front of me but she would be all over the place and invade my territory but I couldn't move back because on of the little kids from Slumdog Millionaire was coming at me from the back. It was craziness especially when I realized one of them didn't have on deodorant and I thought I was going to passout.

I was completely dead after it and by the time I finished watching the biggest loser I was ready to hit the bed. I still have to workout today and I wonder if it will hurt....I hope it is on the schedule for next week!

Peace out!

Robin

No comments: