Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 4

of cutting out diet drinks from my life and I am starting to freak out a little. I love a Coke Zero and I am not saying I will never drink one again but I am trying it for 21 days! We had a nutritionist speak to our boot camp the other day and she basically told us that diet sodas are one of the worst things you could put in your body. The alternative sugars have huge molecules that it is very hard on your liver to process it. My liver needs no more challenges. Also, it makes your body crave other bad stuff....more sweets and all of that stuff. Rumor is that it takes 21 days to make something a habit so I hope these next few weeks fly by....I am doing pretty good with it but any change can be a little rough.

Also, she told us that organic meat is much better than regular meat. I will give that a try in a bit. I had already bought my meat for the weekend so I haven't tried it. I did watch Oprah the other day and she talked with Michael Pollan http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/The-Truth-About-Food-with-Michael-Pollan and he solidified that it needs to be organic and especially pay attention if it has been grain or grass fed. Grass is better!

What else did she say....need to be very careful of reduced, light and all of that. Sometimes the real thing is much better for you!

Ok, I am off to eat lunch!

P.S. I am actually excited about boot camp tonight...we're doing work on medicine balls and stability balls...I think it sounds fun!

No comments: