Sunday, February 28, 2010

21 Days

They say if you do something for 21 days it becomes a habit. I wish they would add a sentence to it that it becomes easier to fight those old habits. Diet Coke and Coke Zero are so missed in my life. WaWa Coffee is so missed but more importantly what I miss is being alert. I feel great and the great blood pressure is telling me I am doing the right thing but god I miss those small little bubbles that fizzle when you pour it over ice. Tomorrow is 28 days!

So I am on the last day of February and if you remember I am trying to get through it without drinking alcohol. I drank 2 times. Once on a date and the other after a disastrous day of dealing with a school budget that is my favorite local. On the date he ordered the bottle of wine before I could say "oh I am a wild child and trying to see if I can make it through a month without drinking" needless to say I only had 2 glasses but god it was great. The other night was wine as well and only 3 glasses but after the day of dealing with budgets and for those of you know how I am challenged with Math you know it easily could've been three bottles. I didn't make it the whole month but I am pretty proud of myself.

My friends are ready for me to drink tomorrow since it will be March 1st but I am not sure if I will or not. I've enjoyed waking up and feeling great. There were a couple of times being with friends that were rough and down right uncomfortable but the month is over and the friendships are still there so mission accomplished.

No comments: