Saturday, February 6, 2010

Winter Weather Struggles


I will admit the first snow storm I was excited about because I usually love snow. 2nd storm and I was amused but now i am not at all amused. I am ready for the spring flowers, windows opened and being able to get out and enjoy but this weekend I am stuck in the house once again.

The night of our group run I realized I needed to step up training and get very serious about boot camp. I had been doing the right stuff and my homework but I want to see real results on March 26-27th so I decided for the month of Feb I was going party free. Little did I know we would have another snow storm.

Thank God I woke up not feeling good because a group of friends are heading to BW3's as we speak and I am staying in...I had the Devil and Angel on my shoulder but bottom line is I can barely breathe so I've decided to stay in and stick the promise I made to myself.

Yesterday was a struggle as well. I met 2 of my favorites for lunch. I met these girls when I first moved to Richmond and we try to get together for lunch a couple of times a year to catch up. It is always good to catch up and hear what is going on and talk political smack talk. They had both had trying times that morning and sat down and ordered a drink and I stuck with the water and lemon. A beer and a bloody mary right in front of me (remember I fell in love with them at New Year's brunch). I tried to focus what they were saying but I was thinking bloody mary is mostly tomato juice...that is a vegetable right? Their fries looked so good but a trip to the salad bar with tons of good veggies and a chicken wrap with no side and it came off their paper menu. Ruby Tuesday's will give you a paper menu with nutritional information if you ask for it. It includes calories, carbs and fat grams. I got out of there with about 55o calories.

If you know me you know I love cake icing and could care less about cake. Cheesecake I can take or leave but RedMama had the cake icing that was actually talking to me. I so wanted to stick my fork on her plate and scoop it up and eat it. Thankfully I didn't because all of the sudden the crackberry went off and this email came in from my trainer, Rusty. I would've felt so guilty if I would've given in to the icing. "I will be there! So glad you are using all the tools I'm trying to put in front of you guys :) I have a soft spot in my heart for you and the other 2 stooges. You're doing awesome, keep up the good work and success will surely come!" He is referring to me making an appointment with our nutritionist on Monday. She consults at a natural grocery store and I am meeting with her on Monday to begin the switch to organic.

It could be my imagination but I think I can tell a big difference in my bloatiness (if that is a word) in my body with just giving up sodas. I've been nazi like this week with what I've eaten. I am not eating any processed foods. I've gotten my fruits and veggies in and had great workouts. I am probably going to make snow cream here in a bit but everybody deserves a treat.

I am attaching pictures of the desserts I watched and the drinks. They totally knew I was taking it and please don't think I made them feel bad. They totally deserve it and chase children around and burn the calories off. They were very encouraging and excited to hear about boot camp. I would love to have both of them in our next session that starts April 7th. I could see the mulling it over. I think if we could have open house and have everybody go to last Wed's class it would be so full. Seriously it was the best class ever. The 3 Stooges are still talking about it!

Hope all of you are staying warm and enjoying the winter weather. I do have a very healthy recipe in my crock pot that I will share. My house is starting to smell good. I made some changes. Instead of salsa I used 2 cans of diced tomatoes and I added lime juice and cilantro and I didn't add the brown rice. I have the minute brown rice and if I am hungry for it when it is time to eat I will just put the chicken on top of it! Enjoy!
Black Bean Chicken

An easy slow cooker recipe that the family will enjoy!

INGREDIENTS
2 cans black beans
16 oz jar salsa
1/2 cup brown rice (uncooked)
1 lb chicken breast

DIRECTIONS
Place frozen chicken breasts in slow cooker.
Pour beans, rice and salsa over chicken.
Cook low 8-10 hours and serve.


Number of Servings: 6

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LOSER1231.

Nutritional Info
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 298.9
Total Fat: 1.9g
Total Carbs: 40g
Dietary Fiber: 13mg
Protein: 30.8g

No comments: