Friday, January 8, 2010

random rambling

so lots of things going through the mind right now. Tonight is our first real structured boot camp. We're doing a cardio circuit. Needless to say we're a little nervous. Well at least 2 of the 3 amigos. I was talking to my boss about it and she asked why I was nervous and I said one of the reasons was because I didn't want to look stupid doing it and she said "Fuck em! You're all there to work on fitness." True story BossLady! I am still a little nervous but will just go rock it out the best I can!

This morning I was asked to focus on an 18 month goal of running a marathon. I almost choked on my coffee but after doing some math and realizing that I could get in good shape and then train I've agreed to do a 1/2 marathon with one of my closest friends that I've grown up with back home. We're shooting for May 2011 and searching for a cool location to do it so if you have any suggestions please let me know. Wow! I am excited but freaking out at what this commitment will mean to me and how I will have to stay focused. You can follow her at www.mommytohotmama.blogspot.com

Yesterday I was talking to two of my colleagues about boot camp and they shared their goals and what they're doing it. One of them loaned me the book 'Eat This, Not That' and I highly recommend it. Talk about an eye opener. The difference in which salad dressing or even ketchup can save you 80 calories per meal. A McDonald's milkshake has 165 grams of sugar....Holy Hell that is crazy! I won't spoil all of your reading but I did learn some great alternatives. Last thing....Doritos are better for you than rice cakes they aren't cooked in saturated oil. Go get it right now!

Ok time to get ready for boot camp! Rock On!

No comments: